Operation Christmas Child 2020
Help us provide Christmas to needy children around the world! It’s easy! Just pickup a shoebox at church and fill it with small gifts for a girl or boy and get it back to us by November 12.
We will get it to a drop off center so they can be shipped in time for Christmas. We have empty shoe boxes, a list of suggested gifts, and instructions at the church. Just come by and pick them up!
We are delighted to participate in this outreach through Samaritan’s Purse, a worldwide Christian missions organization.
It’s easy and will get us all in the spirit of giving!
1. Pick up an empty Operation Christmas Child box and instructions at Union Chapel.
(Best times to stop by are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 10 am -12 pm.)
2. Use the instructions and shopping guide provided to purchase new, appropriate gift items for girls and boys in specific age ranges.
FOR A LIST OF GIFTS that are appropriate (and those to avoid), please use the links below or pick up a print-out at Union Chapel.Gift Suggestions (Online) | Gift Suggestions (PDF)
3. Assemble and fill your box. Include a personal note and photo in the box if you wish. Pray for the child who will receive the box.
4. Close, but do not seal the box(es).
5. Include a slip of paper inside the box indicating whether your box is for a girl or boy, and the age range.
Age ranges: 2-4, 5-9, 10-14
6. We gratefully receive donations to defray shipping expenses ($9 per box). Please leave your donation in your shoebox or with Diane in the office. Checks may be made out to Fishers Island Union Chapel with “Shoebox” in the memo line.
DROP OFF: Thursday, November 12 at Union Chapel
We will pack the boxes for shipping.
Questions? Call Union Chapel at 788-7898 or visit www.samaritanspurse.org.
Thank you for participating!
Also, a friendly reminder from Samaritan’s Purse to please use a pre-printed shoebox (12.25″ long, 4.5″ tall, 7″ deep) or one you collect on your own that is the same/medium size. (The larger athletic shoe boxes do not stack well in the shipping containers)